Restore? What do you all run?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

telemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I come back today to post info into threads I started and it appears that the site is running on a restored copy from a while ago. Hmmmp.

I remember you were having quite a bit of problems for a bit.

What does ScubaBoard run on? What are the difficulties?

Was it a Windows server, now is Linux (I notice it's running on Linux now)?

Since it's PHP, and almost everything is dynamic, I'm sure it kills the server pretty hardcore if there is much of a load.

How much activity? Are there load problems? Disk I/O ?

Is it a cluster setup with the database on the backend, multiple web servers facing the public and a load balancer (F5 BigIP? Local Director? Foundry ServerIron? Squid)?

Just curious from a fellow geek.

There are several threads on the subject in this forum, if you'd like to review them...?

I didn't think the one from 2004 would still be accurate. There is a thread that mentions that it's coloc'ed at L3, and that it has raid. Another seems to hint that it is clustered, from late 2006. That same thread is pretty crazy, people actually mentioned NetBSD & IRIX. But at last, it's looks more like and Accidents & incidents thread, little real information and lots of other chatter (which is often fun to read).

telemonster:
I didn't think the one from 2004 would still be accurate. There is a thread that mentions that it's coloc'ed at L3, and that it has raid. Another seems to hint that it is clustered, from late 2006. That same thread is pretty crazy, people actually mentioned NetBSD & IRIX. But at last, it's looks more like and Accidents & incidents thread, little real information and lots of other chatter (which is often fun to read).

It is not clustered from what I can tell.

Single box with a RAID setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom