Restaurants in Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrecktek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Well a few friends and I are going to Dominica in a few weeks. Not wanting to be locked in at the Ft Young. Need recommendations on places to visit and places for dinner. :popcorn: Good is more important then cheap!

Appreciate any suggestions for our visit to Dominica that you might have

Thanks and I look forward to your replies :coffee:

I haven't been to Dominica, so I don't have any recommendations, but you will probably get more responses if you ask a moderator to move your thread out of the ABC Islands sub forum and into the Lesser Antilles forum instead.

I hope you have a great trip. Please do a trip report when you return. Dominica is on my "wish list", so I'd really love to hear about your trip when you return.

The restaurant at Ft. Young was very good. Also try La Robe Creole right across the street from FY. and The Garage a few streets in to town. Have a ball Dominica is beautiful and we are planning return trip!

If you find any good restaurants while you're there let me know. I'll be there at the end of March and definitely want to try places other than the hotel.

It's a year since I was there but Pearls Cuisine on King George V street in the centre of Rouseau was excellent. It's a lunchtime only place and you'll need to get there fairly early.
La Robe Creole was good but a bit expensive. If you're out of town at Castle Comfort then the restaurant at the Evergreen Hotel was good also.

If you happen to be around Salisbury, mid west coast, The Tamarind Tree, up on a high cliff, has very good food; breakfast, lunch and dinner. Look for the sign just opposite the Cricket Pitch. Prices are reasonable, cooking is mostly Swiss/German/French, like the owners and most guests. The ambiance is fantastic. In the North, Portsmouth is where the medical school is located, with many asian students. The open air food market offers a diverse range of food, from good to very good, from pizza to curried chicken and spicy seafood, and fairly cheap.

La Robe Creole would also get my vote as well. I have eaten there several time while in Dominica. There is also a very good french place about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. I cannot remember the name of it but just ask at the front desk. Very nice ambience and the food is very good. Up north I would also recommend the food court at the university. Good and cheap. The resaurant at the Calibishi Lodge is also very good.

Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom