Restaurant Suggestions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobbyjeans for sure, and the little restaurant next to Between Two Buns, whose name I can't remember. It looks like an ice cream shop, but they have local delicacies, and their fried plantains with peanut sauce are TO DIE FOR!!!!!

I don't know about rotisserie chicken but if you're willing to try something different, the "Kip Tukkie" smoked chicken truck parks at Van den Tweel on Wednesday afternoons. My wife and I loved it! Goes well with salad and an ice-cold Amstel Bright. Enjoy!
AGREED! That smoked chicken is simply amazing and well worth the trip to Van de Tweel

Bobbyjeans for sure, and the little restaurant next to Between Two Buns, whose name I can't remember. It looks like an ice cream shop, but they have local delicacies, and their fried plantains with peanut sauce are TO DIE FOR!!!!!
Its a surinamese place, ran by an American and his Iraqi wife. Odd combo, and it works very well. The cherry brandy ice cream was amazing.

Beers and Burgers is a small place not too far from Wil's, and I highly recommend going there and trying the burgers. They are excellent, and for a great price. Fries and onion rings are also available for sides and were very good. Plus there is billiards table with no pockets. Seriously. Get them to explain how to play Dutch pool.

Any place known or that has sour beers on the island?

Did not run into much in the way of US style craft beer. Some interesting "imports" at the grocery but other than that and the brewery did not see much aside from Amstel, Polar, Heineken.

Last edited:
Concur- The food in this place is great- It is food from Suriname and they also sell some nice Belgian beer. Between 2 Buns is a can't miss!

There is a spot south of town where the Old Inn used to be near Plaza Resort. Joes Grill I think.
They have a very large selection of Belgian beers.
Food there is pretty good as well..

Back
Top Bottom