Restaurant recommendation on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I leave for Grand Cayman tommorow (yay!) and her birthday is on Monday, so I am wondering if anyone can recommend a nice restaurant on the island I might be able to take her to to celebrate. Somewhere that serves native Caymanian food would be great, but any ideas are welcome

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Calypso Grill, Lobster Pot. There are others, but I don't have my list with me. The two mentioned are real good.

Roland's Garden in the Cottage area of East End is a truly unique setting. Roland invites friends to his home for dinner and really appreciates it when his friends leave what they think the meal was worth. Gourmet food served outdoors in his garden.

Roland MUST know how many friends to expect for dinner. He'll prepare something wonderful, but there's no menu. Gourmet five course spread is the norm.

Technically, he isn't running a restaurant and he definitely doesn't serve alcohol. BYOB is certainly appropriate.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I checked out the menus for the Calypso Grill and Lobster Pot and we really liked both the menus. We are also both suckers for eating on the water so it looks like we will be trying them both over the week.

Roland's Garden on the other hand sounds incredibly cool and different (and there is DEFINITELY nothing like it in our area) so I am going to aim for having the bday dinner there. I cant wait to try it!

Thanks again!

I really like the Lighthouse which I believe has reopened. It's on the way to East end. Assuming they have rebuilt the dining dock, can't get much closer to the water.

nipi:
Lighthouse is open again but they haven't rebuilt the dock.
bummer, do you know if they plan to?

Hate to disappoint but Calypso Grill is not open on Mondays!

CJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom