Response Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been having similar problems for several days using Firefox 3.6.13. Mostly just hangs and have to refresh but sometimes just very slow loading.

As I've stated. There are no server issues or traffic issues to speak of, I don't see any problems on our end.

As I've stated. There are no server issues or traffic issues to speak of, I don't see any problems on our end.

FWIW The board has been down for me and at least a half a dozen other users intermittently for the past several hours (approx 8:30 - 10:45 est). :idk:

Prior to this, I was experiencing no problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
I can see a large number of Slow Queries in the log from approx 8pm Eastern through almost Midnight. I don't know what exact query was going slowly... as we have too many to log everything. It's the first thing to appear as a slowdown since the last little hiccup almost 2 weeks ago. I have a possible idea, but someone isn't going to like that idea.

I've attached a graph of the mysql log. There is a NORMAL spike every day when we do a daily backup. There is an abnormal spike yesterday. The site was probably not REALLY "down" just too busy to respond.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 30
[Yesterday, 05:43 PM ] Today, I am having problems with posts 'hanging'. It's been getting worse and worse since about 1pm MST.

FWIW -

Yesterday, scubaboard.com failed about three times - just flat 404'd. It also timed out several times because 'scubaboard.com failed to respond'. Time was about 5:45 - 7pm MST.

I don't know what exact query was going slowly... as we have too many to log everything.

If it helps, the problem started for me with posting, then grew to viewing.

Attempting to respond to a post, or to edit a previous response resulted in long (10+ min) hang times. I could view posts and other sites in different tabs with no problems.

It escalated to complete time outs and inability to view. When I tried to view this thread to see if there were any updates, it took ~27 minutes for it to finally load.

Once the issue resolved (about the time I posted my report) it resolved completely - no further hang ups on load time on viewing or responding.

If it helps, the problem started for me with posting, then grew to viewing.

Attempting to respond to a post, or to edit a previous response resulted in long (10+ min) hang times. I could view posts and other sites in different tabs with no problems.

It escalated to complete time outs and inability to view. When I tried to view this thread to see if there were any updates, it took ~27 minutes for it to finally load.

Once the issue resolved (about the time I posted my report) it resolved completely - no further hang ups on load time on viewing or responding.

At 9:30AM - I made a change, after isolating the probable cause of the problem. It appears to have worked. There was an errant query in there which was looking for a non-existent reference. This caused a backlog, and basically made the web servers think the site was down.

Running smoothly for me since then. :thumb:

So far so good. Thanks Howard.

Tapatalk seems especially faster now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom