Response Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I already responded with a potential cause. We have to investigate the hardware at this point.

I still seem to be getting some very, very slow page loads on SB only. Anybody else?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

just thought I'd toss a note into here to point out it is still happening.

Are you saying the page totally times out, or you're saying you have to wait as long as 5 seconds?

I think the problem may be with our primary load balancer. Which is also responsible for DNS settings. We may have to pull it offline to investigate. A problem with the LB1 server would cause a slowdown when there's communications between other SB servers, and adserve.scubaboard.com

Howard which loadbalancers are you using? F5, Cisco Ace, or something else?

Are you saying the page totally times out, or you're saying you have to wait as long as 5 seconds?

Total timeout. the page hangs waiting on adserve, and then when I stop the page load, and restart it, it will load without any ads on the page at all.

Total timeout. the page hangs waiting on adserve, and then when I stop the page load, and restart it, it will load without any ads on the page at all.

Considering there are no problems with any of the servers, the problem could simply be that one of the google ads that you are served is having a problem, and causing the page to hang. Google ads are determined by google, based on your location, and other data that google collects on you. All of our servers are running properly, and connectivity is nominal as well.

Well, the problem continues. If you have any suggestions on what I can do to stop being served the unknown offending ad, I'd love to hear it.

As it is, this is distinctly impacting the site.

Are you viewing the site through a restrictive firewall or proxy server? Are you viewing the site while at work, does this happen all the time?

Other than blocking the "offending" ad from being served by blocking it from our google account, I can't do anything else for you. There are no problems with any of the servers, or software running.

I've been having similar problems for several days using Firefox 3.6.13. Mostly just hangs and have to refresh but sometimes just very slow loading. No changes to my setup. Also, still seeing those ghost pages in many threads. Shows six pages but when I go to switch from Pg 5 to Pg 6 and it just reloads Pg 5.

Today, I am having problems with posts 'hanging'. It's been getting worse and worse since about 1pm MST.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom