Response Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had this problem all day yesterday (but I was having the issue with both IE8 and Chrome) but so far it seems OK today. Fingers crossed.

I have just tried to go to the first page of this particular thread and have had the 'blank page except for banner' 5 times!

For me this is a recurring, constant problem -- if Chrome needs to access adserve, it hangs. I have to stop the page load and refresh. When I do that adserve is bypassed and the page loads without ads on the left part of the page.

Again, it's only in Chrome.

See the attached screenshot. Chrom is on the left, Safari is on the right.

I use Chrome, and don't have the problem.

I had this problem all day yesterday (but I was having the issue with both IE8 and Chrome) but so far it seems OK today. Fingers crossed.

Yesterday I was doing testing on the vbulletin 4.1 upgrade, and running the script on a test database. It consumed a lot of resources.

I have just tried to go to the first page of this particular thread and have had the 'blank page except for banner' 5 times!

Odd. Server loads are nominal, and everything seems to be working fine. I'll take a look at things.

I use Chrome, and don't have the problem.

Well, I'm perfectly willing to believe it's on my end, but I am at a loss as to what to look at to find/correct the problem. I do not have a similar problem with any other websites. If you have some ideas as to what I might look at to determine if the problem is on my end or yours I'll be glad to look.

I agree, Kingpatzer -- I've been having very long load times and occasional freezing, and it's only SB. This has been going on for a week or so. I'm using Firefox.

(Today does seem better so far.)

I'm using IE8 and today is the first time I've encountered the problem...maybe I've spent so much time here that I've broken it!

I think the problem may be with our primary load balancer. Which is also responsible for DNS settings. We may have to pull it offline to investigate. A problem with the LB1 server would cause a slowdown when there's communications between other SB servers, and adserve.scubaboard.com

Thanks for addressing the problem, but I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about! I'm glad, however, that you do.

I still seem to be getting some very, very slow page loads on SB only. Anybody else?

+1 Steve.

I had been blaming my work network, but other Internet sites were fine. It also happens at home. This happens in both IE8 and in Firefox 3.6.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom