Response Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kingpatzer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been having a recurring problem viewing the board. It appears to be limited to Scubaboard, as I have no problem with streaming content, down load speeds, or other sites that I am noticing.

About 2/3rds of the time I start a page loading on scubaboard and I have to stop and refresh the browser to get anything beyond the header image to display.

Using Chrome on Mac OSX 10.6

Our ISP is conducting some maintenance today on their systems, and this may effect throughput.

I have noted that the hang-up seems to be associated with adserve.scubaboard.com. I am forced to stop the page load and re-load the page (which it will do without touching the adserve address for some reason).

This problem is limited to today, I noticed for the first time earlier this week.

Also, it does not happen on Safari.

Comparing the two I have adds on the left column on Safari while the bar is left blank in Chrome.

Hmm... everything seems ok for me right now. Sometimes it can be googleads - which runs through adserve.scubaboard.com our servers are all running nominally...

The problem has remained. I have to stop the browser and reload the page whenever the adserve is being called. It only happens in Chrome.

I've been having a recurring problem viewing the board. It appears to be limited to Scubaboard, as I have no problem with streaming content, down load speeds, or other sites that I am noticing.

About 2/3rds of the time I start a page loading on scubaboard and I have to stop and refresh the browser to get anything beyond the header image to display.
Using Chrome on Mac OSX 10.6

I'm having the same problem today and it's driving me nuts!

If you mean 5 minutes ago. I was working on the upgrade (in the background)

The data server should be be back to normal now. The operations I performed did bog down the data server.

The data server should be be back to normal now. The operations I performed did bog down the data server.

No, it's still happening Howard:(

For me this is a recurring, constant problem -- if Chrome needs to access adserve, it hangs. I have to stop the page load and refresh. When I do that adserve is bypassed and the page loads without ads on the left part of the page.

Again, it's only in Chrome.

See the attached screenshot. Chrom is on the left, Safari is on the right.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-11 at 9.51.13 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-02-11 at 9.51.13 AM.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 37

Back
Top Bottom