Respect torque settings, my dudes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wasn't there a SB to replace the brass turret screws with stainless steel? Starting to forget things.

Yes there was in 1996 and there was another reminder in the May 2005 Bulletin to replace these.

WARRANTY EXCHANGE REMINDER
If you come across a Brass swivel retainer (P/N 10 500 103) in an older MK10, MK10+ or MK20 first stage, this should be exchanged free of charge with the new Stainless Steel version (P/N 10 500 104) during service. Ensure a correct torque settings of 4 to 5 Newton metres. Contact your Local Area Representative or Head Office to find out more details.

Interestingly enough, the schematics all specify 8Nm as a torque, as mentioned by axxel. The bulletins however still specify the old values of 4-5Nm.
I'm fairly certain they had a typo in the bulletin.

MK25.png

Yes there was in 1996 and there was another reminder in the May 2005 Bulletin to replace these.

Interestingly enough, the schematics all specify 8Nm as a torque, as mentioned by axxel. The bulletins however still specify the old values of 4-5Nm.
I'm fairly certain they had a typo in the bulletin.

View attachment 844277

Yes. IMO, the brass turret screws should be removed from service. I use the MM and 8Nm on my recent Mark 20/25 service, all of my remaining Mark V/10 and my 20/25 use the ss turret screw.

Some years back I had a two port Mark V. I used it as a pony reg. The rigged bottle was knocked to the deck landing on the turret and popped the brass turret screw. It now has a ss turret screw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom