Resort's " New Normal " Rule - No AIR 2 or diving your long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The SPG not wavering when a reg is breathed shows the valve is open, it does not mean the valve is fully open. Depending on the valve, 1/4 turn open may be enough to pass that test.
I guess you have to assume the diver has also done an equipment check, like are the valves open. Does he have his fins. Mask. Is his suit zipped. There is no ONE check you can make....including breathing off the reg.

I am not sure what normally means and what a meter is but I learned to go through my checks including presenting the long hose before submerging.

I will take the bait. :gas:

1m = approximately 3 of your feet
25.4mm = 1 of your inches
1000mm = 1m

Doing an S drill on the surface in the UK, generally means you are no longer on the shot/wreck. It may not even be practical at 6m due to tide.

Addendum
Actual, your feet and inches are a product of being an ex colony, think of it as a little gift :cheers:.

I will take the bait. :gas:

1m = approximately 3 of your feet
25.4mm = 1 of your inches
1000mm = 1m

Doing an S drill on the surface in the UK, generally means you are no longer on the shot/wreck. It may not even be practical at 6m due to tide.

Addendum
Actual, your feet and inches are a product of being an ex colony, think of it as a little gift :cheers:.
I thought the inch was given to you guys by the Romans :)

Maybe you need three transmitters, and voting logic!:yeahbaby:
2 works quite well. I have a Teric and a Perdix AI and display some different info on each - easy to keep track of dive info regardless of what I'm doing. I also never need to worry about cutting a dive short or missing subsequent dives due to a DC or transmitter failure. Works for me - your mileage may vary, of course...

A man with a watch knows the time.
Not if he didn't set it correctly, the battery goes dead or the unit just stops working...
A man with two is never sure.
If he bothers to synch them, he certainly is sure... and if they don't match he knows something is wrong vs assuming his single watch is still correct when it might actually have glitched...

I thought the inch was given to you guys by the Romans :)

the romans brought the foot

the inch was 3 ripe barley corns laid end on end ... it predates the romans ... references back to the time of the viking invasions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom