Resort Diver plus certified (mixed group)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Playa I dived with Scuba Libre (basic recreational diving) and Protec (more advanced cenote & cave diving) and in their different ways I'd recommend them both. Can't speak for the ones I haven't used, of course.

I thought the ocean diving off Playa was quite inferior to the diving I'm used to down here in Belize.

I did dive with "Dive Paradise" out of Cozumel, and as I was in a group of four instructors (and a dive shop proprietor myself) I thought we'd get the best they had to offer. But far from it, the dives we did were IMO lousy, and although we'd pre-paid for four dives we all decided to skip the second day. So I still have a voucher for the untaken dives (they wouldn't refund the money paid). Can't recommend them, and it pains me to say that about another operator, but I cannot accept charging someone for a service that for whatever reason isn't provided.

On the Divemex question, I don't believe straight advertising is what this board is intended for....? They may be very good (I don't know them) but IMO it should be a customer that says that.

Just realised there may be some doubt about my independence - Protec is in no way associated with my company Protech and the similarity in name is purely coincidental. But they ARE the leading tech diving operator/trainer in the region.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom