Reselling question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought a XEO from an authorized dealer (DRIS) and turned out I didnt want the XEO but the Xen. It has not been activated, used etc.

My question is, if I am selling it to another person but have lost the receipt, will this person have any issues with claiming against the warranty (assuming he needs to)? This person will technically be the first owner since he will be the first to register the unit. Please advise.

Why not call DRIS and ask them what they can do for you? Also if they can email you a PDF of your receipt?

technically no since his name isn't on the receipt for proof of purchase. just call Mike and ask him to return and exchange for the xen.

Randy, if you bought your Xeo online from DRIS you should have a sales receipt emailed to you. Maybe I'm stating the obvious. If so, I apologize.

What saxplayer said above would be my first course of action. Otherwise here's warranty transfer info...

now from Pg. 8 Xeo User Manual:
If you purchase a second-hand XEO unit, you must email Liquivision at info@liquivision.ca and provide the following information:
- XEO serial number
- Date purchased
- Who you purchased your unit from
- Your address, email and phone number
- The sentence “I agree and accept the XEO User Agreement and Warranty”

This is required to transfer the balance of the Warranty from the previous owner to yourself.

And see Transfer of your XEO PDF: cf. Pg. 4

So simple stuff here. Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom