Rescue skills not in OW Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what @BurhanMuntasser described, I don't think it is too onerous. @BurhanMuntasser, what confined water/open water time is required to go through all these typically in your experience?

I do five dives in the first two days of openwater work with the students. First dive is skin dive that includes skin diving rescue skills and four dives including ALL required skills including rescue. I can, technically, finish everything for openwater work including rescue, etc. in two days of openwater for 8 students no problem. I add 2 more days of diving for more practice and more "independence" for the students but two days are sufficient to do everything according to standards including one skin dive with all skills performed including rescue for skin diving and scuba. It isn't too onerous but the instructor needs to be efficient and on the ball.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom