Rescue Diver Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Wray:
Way to go Matt! Of course, you had a great divemaster in confined water too, who does understand your rig btw.

Who is this so-called 'great divemaster'? I just remember a guy blaming me for drinking kool-aid?

utdivermatt:
To nivla80 and DaleHall... good luck with yours. Where are you two taking it? I really hope your instructor is as great as mine was for it. It was really an challenge with her, and I know I learned a ton.

Thanks Matt.
Mine will be in Macon, GA with my normal instructor from Diver's Supply. He's been great since day one.. Very into safety and doing it right.. I got my O/W and AOW under him. I trust him so much, I had my 12 year old niece get certified under him. I've got 27 days.. Already reviewing the book work I did a few months ago to get ready. I was supposed to take it back last July and in October, but they canceled both due to only me being signed up for the class. And, unfortunately, the deal I have with my instructor keeps us from doing a private class. Plus, he told me it would be boring if it were just me and him. There are 6 Rescue Diver wannabes in this class. With that many in class along with store employees and dive buddies being the victims/patients, it should be interesting. I'll post a report when we complete it. (Providing I pass):wink:

Ahhh yes. Rescue course. As I remember it was lots of fun in acres and acres of moss in Lake Ouachita. Sure makes for fun for the search and recovery part when everything is hidden in piles of "salad" and trying to use lines for search patterns gathers you bales of wet hay. Still its probably the most valuable training you can get. Makes an old fart like me feel comfortable to know that his buddy is rescue trained . . . recovery - - - not so much.

Back
Top Bottom