Rescue Diver Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tacti21

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I find the software used for forums like CPAnet.com, or ScubaBoard are very difficult to navigate. I spent 5 minutes searching for a thread discussing Rescue Diver Courses, to find people's recommendations (I cannot fathom that one doesn't not exist).

My purpose in joining ScubaBoard is to get other diver's feedback on: Where should I do my PADI rescue diver certification? Which instructor do they recommend? Should I do the CPR course @ home (NJ/NYC)?

I find the software used for forums like CPAnet.com, or ScubaBoard are very difficult to navigate. I spent 5 minutes searching for a thread discussing Rescue Diver Courses, to find people's recommendations (I cannot fathom that one doesn't not exist).

My purpose in joining ScubaBoard is to get other diver's feedback on: Where should I do my PADI rescue diver certification? Which instructor do they recommend? Should I do the CPR course @ home (NJ/NYC)?

You specify PADI, so you have already eliminated any recommendation for a non-PADI instructor.

How far are you willing to travel? Local? Dutch Springs? Florida? Philippines?

Have you read the "sticky" tread in "New to Diving" about how to choose an instructor? The same considerations apply for continuing education. Here is a link http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/new-divers-those-considering-diving/287780-how-find-excellent-scuba-class.html

]I doubt you will find on any discussion board a single thread that contains the answer to your questions. There are too many variables, and too many opinions, for having all the answers in one tidy place.

And don't forget that Google is a wonderful search engine - you can use it to search for only Scubaboard pages and then go from there.

Good luck, and welcome to Scubaboard.

Let me google that for you

If you want to use the site search... I would limit my searches to the "Basic Scuba Discussions" and/or "Advanced Scuba Discussions" to find the bulk of the results.

Back
Top Bottom