Rescue diver course in/near Mombasa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Quick last minute question: I might squeeze in two days of diving in Kenya during my holiday there and I was wondering if anybody would have recommendations where to take the Rescue Diver course around there. I already have valid Emergency First Response / First Aid certificate which should allow me to do the Rescue course in just two days.

I was planning on taking the night train from Nairobi to Mombasa, start the course right away and take the train back after the course. Do you think it's feasible and if it is, which operators would be worth considering? At the moment the two possible start dates are September 19th or 21st.

If doing the course is not possible, would two days of diving be worthwhile at this time of the year? What should I expect to see and what are the best places to go to?

There's a PADI 5 star center at the White Sands resort hotel in Mombasa, but I can't comment on the quality of the instruction. I did my diving in the Watamu marine reserve a couple of hours north of there in early december, when the visibility is best and there's a good chance of Manta and Whaleshark sightings. You can expect adverse conditions in the summer months, and charters may not be running until early september.

Late september will likely be less than ideal diving, but hopefully not bad.

I understand the Vuma caves in Kilifi are worth checking out, and I'm bummed I missed them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom