Rescue Diver Certificate Verification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that Oly5050! But i know what i need to do in order to become a competant diver, i am not going straight into a dive master dut will be having at least 6 weeks of very frequent diving before i start the course. I have organised with my new instructor to take it at the appropriate speed and achieve as much as is prudent in the time i have. As Steve says i will not be using it to take anyone diving but more of a formality to progress with my career, but of course with the training i will be able to fulfill the supervision requirements. At my level i am not required to dive in the tanks myself but have a good working knowledge of the processes. We also have a dive officer whos responsibity it is to dive and ensure safelty measures are followed.

My post was not to gather opinion on whether i should do the course or not but whether i would be able to get my completed rescue course verified.

Also chaps, in the UK Robins a guys name. Thanks for your imput but i would like to stay on topic if possible

Robin, I would not accept you as a DM candidate. You come across as a pain in the butt. I really don't care whether you took a course 7 years ago or that you never intend to use the DM cert for anything other than getting a position. The point is you would have a card that says DM without any qualifiers.....it is a serious credential that you are not taking seriously. Even if you had received the Rescue card 7 yeas ago, you could not perform a Rescue, is my guess. So you need the training, not the card. I'm sorry it will cost you time and money.....but that is the game you are in. Have you looked at the other DM requirements? Number of dives is the EASY part of the program, but seems to be the only part you are focusing on.

Ok im not going to turn this into slagging match... think ill be off. Thanks Steve for your constructive input

Needs to meet all requirements of dm course.

I agree completely with this.

My point was only that he had a reason for working toward the DM and thus was not like the "oh being a DM is cool think I will get one this weekend type." He has some of the hurry to get there that is typical of younger folks who have found their calling but that does not mean he would not take the training serious and do what it takes in the time it takes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom