Rescue Diver Certificate Verification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robin mannion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

This is my first post and i need some help. In 2009 i completed a rescue course in sharm but the final verification fee was not paid (oversight by my employer at the time). I have only recently realised this as i havent dived since and am looking to rectify this now.

Is it possible to verify my rescue course? i have all the signatures paper etc in my log book just need to pay for the certificate.

I am hoping to do a dive master soon (after alot of refresher dives) so really need to get this sorted as i rather not do the rescue again

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Robin

Did you try asking the shop you took the Rescue course with?

Contact the agency to see what they say.

yeah no reply as of yet, but got an auto email saying their running skeleton crew at the monent due to the flight disruption to sharm. do you think as long as i have the log book with all the info its doable? thanks for ya reply

How did you find out the final fee wasn't paid?

Could you check with the certifying agency also on what they say?

How did you find out the final fee wasn't paid?

Could you check with the certifying agency also on what they say?

Found an old email requesting the payment that i forwarded to my work, then didnt hear anymore so assumed it was all sorted, i should have checked just havent needed it until now. Have emailed padi so maybe they can shed some light. Was just hoping that the evidence that i have of me completing the course could be enough. many thanks

No sure which agency you went with but I just had a related experience. My 5 year old grandson likes to hang out with grandpa in grandpa's scuba closet. So I was getting my cards together since he likes to play with cards and we could talk about them. I discovered that while I had done a drift dive course and got the signed log book and all and in fact used that cert later on, I did not have the card. Turns out that the paperwork had not been filed. Long story short SDI would not send me the card unless I got an SDI instructor to request it. This is actually not a problem in my case but the point was a signed logbook was not enough.

No sure which agency you went with but I just had a related experience. My 5 year old grandson likes to hang out with grandpa in grandpa's scuba closet. So I was getting my cards together since he likes to play with cards and we could talk about them. I discovered that while I had done a drift dive course and got the signed log book and all and in fact used that cert later on, I did not have the card. Turns out that the paperwork had not been filed. Long story short SDI would not send me the card unless I got an SDI instructor to request it. This is actually not a problem in my case but the point was a signed logbook was not enough.

Hi Steve, thanks for that. Do you think it has to be any PADI instructor or has to be the same one that passed you? i went with emporor divers by the way

I don't think any PADI instructor, except perhaps your original instructor, would certify you as a Rescue Diver without you completing the course again. Also, you have not been diving in seven years. You really need to do some diving first and then see if you are ready for Rescue and then DM.

Back
Top Bottom