requirements for DIR-F training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TX101

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible to still do the DIR-F course while not meeting the requirements? Im thinking along the lines of being a smoker or not being able to do the underwater swim test.

Not getting a card dosen't concern me.

GUE current standards state that you must be a non smoker. The underwater swim is only 50'. If that is not something you can do now, I would seriously consider my diving choices.
There is an audit option. usually cost the same, but you do not get evaluated for pass/fail. I would contact and discuss issues with the perspective instructor. Best, Bob

TX101:
Is it possible to still do the DIR-F course while not meeting the requirements? Im thinking along the lines of being a smoker or not being able to do the underwater swim test.

Not getting a card dosen't concern me.

TX101:
not being able to do the underwater swim test.

One of the most important parts of donating air to an OOA buddy, is remaining calm [right below 'get them gas']. If you aren't comfortable without a reg in your mouth; then that will seriously hinder the 'staying calm' part.

50' isn't a big deal, and is a very short time. If you can't hold your breath that long, then you are going to most likely have issues with securing a reg to your OOA buddy before you switch to your backup.

Why does the underwater swim test concern you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom