Request for Newbie Gear Check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, here is what we ended up with:

Zeagle Brigades
Aeris Atmos AIs
Oceanic Delta3/TDX5 regs
Oceanic Slimline Octos
Bare 3/2 wetsuits
Tusa X-Pert Zoom Fins
Tilos Masks maybe?
Boots/Snorkel
2 AL80 tanks
Zeagle Shear/knife packs
Zeagle weight pocket bags
Safety Sausages
Trident noise and Mini-Hammerhead
Mini Q40 lights
Mesh weights

And a few other items that I am sure I am forgetting. First of all, ScubaToys rocks. Big time. They took great care of my daughter and I. I will be going back there for all future purchases.

About the AI pressure gauge being inaccurate. It seemed to be dead on today. I drained one tank dry in my brothers pool and watched the pressure level run down to zero. When it read zero, I had about 1-2 more minutes and then I couldn't get anymore decent breaths off of it. That gave me a good chance to do a real OOA drill with my daughter who was waiting there to do it with me.

Y'all talked me out of the octo/inflator. I just went with a regular Oceanic Slimline Octo and I am liking it a lot now that I have a couple of hours on it. I clipped it up higher on my chest on the right side near where the octo/Inflator would have sat and can get it in my mouth without having to detach it from its clip. That's a pretty nice setup I think without the safety concerns of the octo/inflator setup.

One other issue I have just found while searching the board is... there may be a problem with me using Nitrox and my titanium reg. I don't plan on ever using a mix of 40% or more, but is there a concern at the lower mix levels as well?

Thanks again for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom