Report on Diving in Palawan - Coron and El Nido

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be in the islands from December 22 to January 26.

Hopefully...even just for drinks like last time.

hi there, i am caught between coron and dumaguete for coming trip next Jan/Feb... well, besides wreck diving at coron, do you reckon i can request for a mix, lest i get too saturated with wrecks? i am thinking of diving with Sea Dive resort at Coron.
and by the way, do you know how much it costs for a return trip to Coron via SEAIR?
and if i am not wrong, the departure is not from manila international airport right? its a domestic airport which i can get there by taxi? is that right?
thanks for any advice... :)

You can.

I did 6 dives w Sea Dive a little over a year ago. Did 3 wrecks and then the "Barracuda" Lake, Gunther's Cathedral and a nice coral garden.

hi there, i am caught between coron and dumaguete for coming trip next Jan/Feb... well, besides wreck diving at coron, do you reckon i can request for a mix, lest i get too saturated with wrecks? i am thinking of diving with Sea Dive resort at Coron.
and by the way, do you know how much it costs for a return trip to Coron via SEAIR?
and if i am not wrong, the departure is not from manila international airport right? its a domestic airport which i can get there by taxi? is that right?
thanks for any advice... :)

Last quote I got from SeaAir P7856.80/pax, return from Manila.

Wow, $180 R/T to Coron?

yes, its very expensive... both Coron and El Nido.

booohooo.

Yeah, El Nido too...it's more than US$200 direct. The cheaper option would be to fly to Puerto Princessa and bus it to El Nido I believe...the sad thing is that the buses only travel during certain hours.

Yeah, El Nido too...it's more than US$200 direct. The cheaper option would be to fly to Puerto Princessa and bus it to El Nido I believe...the sad thing is that the buses only travel during certain hours.

not to mention the roads.... and the length.

i was told that the best way to go from PP to El Nido is if you have enough time to discover and drop by the places in between. lots of really great laidback towns. otherwise, 8-10 hour bus ride would test one's endurance and patience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom