Report from the path of Charley-pics comin soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharpenu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have just gotten off work after working straight through from 0730 Friday until now. I didn't sleep Fri or Sat at all.

As soon as winds hit 45mph, the emergency services workers stopped answering 911 and went to shelter. We stayed there until the winds dropped to a safe level and we could get out. We spent the next 6 hours fighting fires and treating wounded. It was overwhelming, the amount of people who needed assistance. We had to follow bulldozers from one call to the other, the debris in the street was so bad. There were areas we couldnt reach for hours because of the trees, houses and power poles on the street. During the worst part of the storm, 3 of us ran out into the weather to rescue a family who lived across the street as their house had fallen apart around them.

In the aftermath, we dealt with looting, fighting and people injured while cleaning up. I am at a friend's house now, as my home doesn't have power. People are waiting in line for gasoline at the few places that have the fuel and electricity to pump it. The Kissimmee airport was pretty much destroyed. There are areas of town that will be without power for 2-3 weeks.

With all of that, we just sent a crew south to help our brothers there. They have it even worse. I am going to get some sleep. I have pics and will soon post them.

Hang in there, and thanks for being there to help our neighbors.
Now go get some sleep!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom