Report from Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Went to the Brac and stayed at the Alexander.
DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

We enjoyed the flowerson the Brac
DSC_0333.jpg

It was not too busy at the hotel, seemed like about four rooms out of about fifty had occupancy. The hotel was very nice, it is new and the rooms are adequate. In the rooms are a stove a refrigerator and a microwave as well as a blender. This last item was important to us as we purchased our own rum and fruit juice to make our own drinks.

There was a nice bar by the pool which was surounded by beach sand. Several nights there was good music and there was a cookout with ribs, steak and jerk chicken served by the bar. There was a deck overlooking a pond and plenty of tables also on the pool side of the bar. There is also a restaurant at the hotel.
DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

The only downside to the hotel is it's not on the water, but you can walk across the street to see it.

The diving was arranged through the Brac Reef Resort, heres a photo of the beach by the Brac Reef resort:
BRBR7.jpg

It is very organised and is valet style diving. We dove two days off the Brac and two days off Little Cayman. These are the dive boats they use:
BR4.jpg

The diving is always very good, seems like there were more sharks around than we've seen before, maybe because of the fishing tournament they had during the week.
P4020205.jpg

We saw a few Lion fish, but they're being kept in check by the DM's...here's one that got away:
P4010146.jpg

We saw the old Divi condos and Divi resort which was trashed by a huuricane in 08. It still is a mess, I wish the gov't would charge the Divi corporation every day it stays a mess. It is an eyesore to be sure!
DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

I will be staying at the Brac Reef Beach resort on Cayman Brac and diving there as well as Little Cayman. I've heard it has good diving. Wanted to do live aboard but would cost more than the resort.

The Cayman Islands is the one place I would not do a liveaboard. We just go to Little Cayman and dive with Reef Divers. To me, the best diving of all the Caymans is Little Cayman anyway. The Brac and Grand Cayman is good as well. But the food at the Little Cayman Beach Resort is as good as it gets.

I will be staying at the Brac Reef Beach resort on Cayman Brac and diving there as well as Little Cayman. I've heard it has good diving. Wanted to do live aboard but would cost more than the resort.

You'll like the resort, it has a nice small beach and some nice hammocks to relax in, the food was good too.
BRR.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom