Replacing Wrist Seals on a Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech3324

Lionfish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have an older Fusion drysuit (black drycore) that needs it's latex wrist seals replaced for the first time. I bought the DRIS replacement Dry Adhesive Drysuit Latex Wrist Seals. I have all the tools to do this job, but a couple of questions before I cut anything:
  1. The factory original seals are secured by 20mm wide black tape (see picture). Should I cut off the old seal flush with this tape or leave a little margin? I saw a video with a 1/4" margin left but I don't see a reason why.
  2. The original black tape is somewhat rough, it has slight ridges as seen in the picture. Can I apply the dry adhesive tape directly to the original tape and expect it to adhere perfectly? Or do I need to add a layer of drysuit cement to the old tape to smooth it out? I have a heat gun, roller, and wrist form.
Thanks for any advice on this.
IMG_0400.jpg

Never mind. I called DRIS and got my answers direct from Eric. All is well.

I'm glad it worked out.

In general, it is always a good idea just to give us a call for any equipment issue. One of the core beliefs of the organization is that building a solid base of satisfied customers is the best way to have a successful business, and excellent customer service is a key part of that.

Back
Top Bottom