Replacing oceanic bcd inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand that for someone that does not live in Argentina could be impossible to understand. It's hard to understand for us too.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions. I sell spares and repair BCDs locally. Specifically I repair broken BCD flanges, which is one of the most common problem. That's because buying a new BCD just for a broken flange here is unthinkable. Also 2nd stage flex covers, and some other regulator and other gear spare parts. Besides of the lack of spares, the few that still are, are extremely costly. For example a BCD could cost here in Argentina something like x 3 the cost in USA, plus the change from US$ to pesos is extremely high for the current salary level.
There are several web sites to store STL files with cost (Cults or Myminifactory). All of them are public web pages that can be accessed form everywhere in the world. Also from here. I could possible publish the flange files in any of them with cost, but, I cannot receive the money. Paypal has been suspended locally, and any other way of money transfer for the general public is not allowed or extremely difficult and costly so as to avoid it. Further more, exporting goods has a prohibitive cost (taxes and paid paperwork). Our country is becoming every day more and more implausible. It's called "Populism". Being poor and subsided by government is "fashion" and working hard and trying to progress is being part of the devil. Populism is impoverishing this country.
So, if I publish the STL files, part of my work will be distributed, and that's not good for me. I cannot filter who will access those sites and who will download the files. I also cannot filter if someone that downloaded the files and paid for them will distribute freely.
It's not rocket science. Some others have done the same and could possible help. I didn't want to show you the candy and hide it afterwards. I do not want to be rude or non collaborative. Please understand. I only wanted to tell you that it's possible to repair and that the repair can be as good as the original flange (though, you know, the original has broken).
I beg your understanding.

No objection from me. I thought you were trying to give Batabano20 a flange. I was just trying to help facilitate that process. I had no idea you were selling them.

Q. My inflator hose has tragically snapped off my perfectly fine Seaquest BCD on a high dive boat entry the other day. I've cut out all the gritty plastic and have a smoothish ring to put in some kind of replacement male bladder attachment and butterfly sealing ring. This $20 "bladder wing male assembly" fix would be ideal if it fit. The other option I see is the $80 "Scuba-Fix" solution. Has anyone done that in real life with good feedback?

@Batabano20 I just noticed a thread in the SB 3D Printing Forum. There's another member who lives in your neck of the woods who may be able to help you. Touch base with @Divetech Cayman and/or see this thread he started. Divetech's 3d Printing page

Good luck and keep us posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom