Replacements for Jetfins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Scubapro designed the XXL Jets to be able to park a plane in them.

I'm actually a 12, but I'll need 13 booties for my DS. I wear 3mm soft soled booties in my jets, but its tight!

With my current boots, I use XL Jets and I'm only a size 9. Are you sure yours are L?

With my current boots, I use XL Jets and I'm only a size 9. Are you sure yours are L?

I use XL Jets and I can just barely put in size 11 DUI turbo soles in them. So if the drysuit has any type of boot on it, Size 11 or higher won't fit. (I had to replace my DC boots with turbo soles so that I could use the same fins between my DC suit and my DUI suit.)

Turtles are a good option for the "boot" type drysuit users.

Yep. I'm positive:

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9923.jpg

I honestly can't believe you can fit a size 13 barefoot in a L Jet. I'm a size 9 and I can't wear a L if the boot is too thick.

Bigfoot can get into the XXL jet fins
Big foot could live in an XXL Jet Fin.

JeffG:
I use XL Jets and I can just barely put in size 11 DUI turbo soles in them. So if the drysuit has any type of boot on it, Size 11 or higher won't fit.

Which is why I find it difficult to believe a size 12 or 13 will fit (even without boots) in a L. I would expect the ones that are too small are XL.

rye_a:
Yep. I'm positive

I hate photobucket. I wish I could see the photos you've posted. If they were hosted on ScubaBoard, I would be able to see them.

Jet fin sizes

If you are thinking only about the weight for travel........leave your toothpaste, comb, razor, aftershave, soap behind. Buy these things where you are going......take half as many underwear, socks, shorts, trousers and shirts; you can wash what you have.......one pair of shoes or sandels......buy your sunscreen on location..........cut your suitcase weight by reducing these clothing things..if you need more clothing, buy on location..they are not that important........your jet fins are.......take your jet fins..........

Oldmossback...........

PS.....anyone here dove Punta Sal in Peru?

Thanks, and that was an AWESOME hijack!:eyebrow:

If you are thinking only about the weight for travel........leave your toothpaste, comb, razor, aftershave, soap behind. Buy these things where you are going......take half as many underwear, socks, shorts, trousers and shirts; you can wash what you have.......one pair of shoes or sandels......buy your sunscreen on location..........cut your suitcase weight by reducing these clothing things..if you need more clothing, buy on location..they are not that important........your jet fins are.......take your jet fins..........

Oldmossback...........

PS.....anyone here dove Punta Sal in Peru?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom