Replacement Weight Pocket for Sherwood Freedom BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelDave

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a couple of dives last week where one of the weight pockets on my Sherwood Freedom BCD kept coming out. We recovered it on the first dive but it got lost on the second dive. Assuming I had some kind of problem with the clip. I've been looking online but have not been able to find a part number for this weight pocket or any way to order a replacement. It's the 10lb weight pocket that goes with the BC pictured below. Any suggestions on how to get a replacement?

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• freedom.jpg
    freedom.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 270
Hmmm, that bc looks familiar.. Did you happen to figure out why the pocket kept falling out?

Too lazy to take my own picture. Never figured it out since I never recovered it. Guessing something with the clip. Decided it was time for a new BC anyway since my LDS was having a nice sale.

Ah, I just picked that one up on eBay. What was your opinion of it? I was looking at the zeagle back inflate Bcds and came across this one for a great deal

I really liked my Freedom. It could use some grommets for a knife and the (non-weight) pocket situation is not great. Replaced it with another Sherwood that is fairly similar (the new one is a hybrid - mostly back-inflate but a little inflation in the front as well). I hear very good things about the Zeagles. Looked at one, but didn't like that the weights don't go into detachable weight pockets (they go directly into pockets built in to the BCD). I've been on a liveaboard where they like you to take the weight pockets before handing up BCDs to climb into the Zodiacs. Not a true drawback, but was happy to get another Sherwood for a little less $.

Mine is a Magnum but I also need female buckles to clip the weights, which are available right now in eBay : CQR 2 is the name

Back
Top Bottom