Replacement watch strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need to replace the rubber strap on my Luminox watch. I saw a nice looking leather band on ebay which would look good when wearing the watch above the water but I wonder whether it would hold up to salt water.

Any thoughts? The watch has a black face so stainless or titanium bands wouldn't work.

Leather does not do well in sea water unless it will stay wet, but then it does not last. It tends to stiffen and getting wet and then drying, and salt from sea water leaches to make clear salt line on leather because leather is porous.

Cisco's "The Band" comes in many different sizes, is available at big box sporting ggods store is tne US and is also sold direct, but it is not depth compensating of that matters to you. It is much more secure than other watch bands though since it is continuous underneath the watch, and a single pin failure will never cause your watch to get lost. The Band goes on all my dive watch stuff right out of the box, since I have lost watches due to a single pin failing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom