replacement for Gekko?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suunto Zoop

Suunto Zoop

- Easy to use with super-bright phosphorescent LCD display

- Air and Nitrox modes for a range of dive situations

- Continuous decompression with the Suunto RGBM algorithm

- Built-in dive planner for planning upcoming dives

- Optional PC interface for detailed graphical logbooks and dive data analysis

- Wrist or console mountable

Suunto Zoop is a great value, easy-to-use dive computer for recreational divers. Though Suunto Zoop is a great choice for your first dive computer, its full decompression capabilities and nitrox mode mean it-s designed to give you years of serious fun.

Effortless operation:

Easy-to-use push buttons, a straightforward menu structure, and a super-bright phosphorescent LCD display make Suunto Zoop really simple to operate. You can wear Suunto Zoop as a wrist unit, or mount it on one of Suuntos Combo consoles.

Multi-mode versatility:

With its two dive modes - Air and Nitrox - Suunto Zoop is a versatile computer. It can be programmed for nitrox mixtures of 21% to 50% oxygen and adjusted for oxygen partial pressure of between 1.2 and 1.6 bar.

Flexible decompression:

Using the Suunto RGBM algorithm, Suunto Zoop enables continuous decompression for optimal ascent time. Both ascent rate and available no-decompression time are displayed graphically with clear color-coded indicators. Visual and audible alarms are given whenever necessary and you can also enable maximum depth and dive time alarms.

Plan and review:

You can test upcoming dives and view no-decompression time data for different depths before getting in the water with the built-in dive planner. When the dive is over, use optional Suunto Dive Manager PC software to transfer your dive data to your computer for further analysis and to maintain a detailed logbook featuring graphical representation of all your dives.

Did you know...
The name of Suunto Zoop dive computer was inspired by Zooplankton - animals that wander the oceans propelled by the currents.

Power
Battery power indicator ✓
Low battery warning ✓
User replaceable battery ✓

Other
Backlight type Phosphorescent Display
Menu-based user interface ✓
Operating temperature 0°C - +40°C / 32°F - +104°F
Selectable metric/imperial units ✓
Storage temperature -20°C - +50°C / -4°F - +122°F
Water resistance 100 m / 328 ft
Weight 68 g

Diving
Altitude adjustment ✓
Ascent rate monitor/alarm ✓
Ascent time display Up to 99 min
Audible alarm ✓
Consumed bottom time graph ✓
Dive planner ✓
Full decompression data ✓
Lifetime history memory ✓
Log book memory ✓
Maximum depth alarm ✓
Maximum depth display 99 m / 328 ft
Operation mode Air ✓
Operation mode Nitrox ✓
Personal adjustement ✓
Profile sampling rates in seconds 30 s
Safety stop ✓
Suunto RGBM decompression model ✓
Temperature display ✓

Nitrox
CNS% + OTU calculation (OLF) ✓
Max PO2 adjustment 1.2-1.6
O2 % setting 21-50%

Watch
12/24h ✓

PC Software: Suunto Dive Manager

The Zoop as pointed out by Devon. They are very good dive computers and less conservative than my Helo2 and D9 within NDL limits.

Last edited:
As DD posted. Short answer its orange (although I have seen yellow) and it can be downloaded "out of the box" with optional million dollar cable. Other than that its the same as the Gekko. Why they made it orange/yellow is beyond me.

thanks...pls dnt get frustrated with my new question :wink:
I am looking to buy my first dive computer, and I don't want to spend over $300 but I also want to buy something a little advanced so I don't need to buy it again in a year... would you recommend ZOOP, or something else?

As DD posted. Short answer its orange (although I have seen yellow) and it can be downloaded "out of the box" with optional million dollar cable. Other than that its the same as the Gekko. Why they made it orange/yellow is beyond me.

One of my buddies bought a Gekko, didn't like that it was white. I said Why don't you colour it in with a black Sharpie?

IMG_2214.jpg

How does the phosphorescent display of the Zoop compare to the backlight of Vyper for night diving?

It works pretty well IMO, you just have to charge it up with your torch which isn't always convenient... then again, pressing the button to activate the display light on the Vyper isn't always convenient either

Is he going to color his reg hose in also? wtf?

No, because it's not his, shop rental doubles... however I don't see an issue with yellow on the primary when using long hose/primary donate. Mine are black of course because I'm hardcore

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom