repellents and sunscreen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vinegar works as a great treatment for sand flies and mosquito bites, should you get eaten up :thumb:

Nasonex works even more better. Just dab it on.

Last edited:
, but i'm taking deet along in case I need to cave in. Lolololol

Just curious as to why chosing the absolutelty, without a doubt, most recommended repellant , especially in areas where Malaria and Dengue fever are well known, would be caving in? And why the LOL? It's really not a laughing matter, It's FREAKIN MALARIA AND DENGUE, No need to LOLOLOO. Take it serious, its not like simply missing a safety stop

Just curious as to why chosing the absolutelty, without a doubt, most recommended repellant , especially in areas where Malaria and Dengue fever are well known, would be caving in? And why the LOL? It's really not a laughing matter, It's FREAKIN MALARIA AND DENGUE, No need to LOLOLOO. Take it serious, its not like simply missing a safety stop

Dude, I just don't know what happened to the good ol' "better safe than sorry". I guess people don't realize the real potential threat here. Maybe it only happens to others?
Just a quick research online gives a bunch of results. Here's wikipedia's article on dengue : Dengue fever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Honduras is on the list. Needless to say, I have Deet ready to be packed for my August 7 departure. I don't want to be sorry.

indeed i take this seriously, hence the many hours of research, etc. , and my upcoming appt. with my physician for immunizations. i just meant that if the natural repellent works as well as deet, then great, if not, then deet it is! the CDC has the lemon eucalyptus listed among the ones they consider effective also. i don't like the idea of lots of deet for a week, but i certainly don't like the idea of coming down with dengue or malaria either. i'll be taking either chloroquine or malerone as well........depends on how pricey the malerone is as to which one i end up taking. i'm getting the hepatitis A shots, and a tetanus shot (can't remember when i last had one.....too long). i don't think i'm getting the typhoid vaccine (either oral or shot)......unless i can figure out a way to get it at a reasonable price. (i'm gonna shop around......so far i'm being told it's $95) my insurance said that they only cover it in certain instances........which they did not reveal, and that my physician would have to call and explain why i'm going on this trip, etc. etc. (my insurance plan doesn't cover travel medicine).........but they'll cover to treat me if i get ill. that's so ridiculous.

i just meant that if the natural repellent works as well as deet, then great, if not, then deet it is! .

If the lemon stuff works then that is great, I wont spend the rediculous amount of money they want for it but i am a cheap SOB, What I was wondering from your prior post was why using the most researched most recommended repellant would be caving in?

I just said that because there is quite a camp of folks who refuse to use DEET because they consider it to be so toxic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom