Repair manual for Sherwood Brut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Old thread but what scares me is, the oil bottle trick might just work, these are tough old regs...I may just have to try it. :)

Ally, the Brut is easy to service yourself. All you need is the parts and a few tools. The orings are common varity and the HP and LP seats can be home made if needs be or you can order service kits from various places. The Brute is one of the regs I would want in a far off island.

I'd never thought about the red gas can - you do see those lying beside the road from time to time. Maybe I'll do a little recycling.....

You don't wanna do that! a little mistake and you pay more than the service at the store! And there are many thing i did not know before i became a technician! i am shure you dont have a ultra sound or the special tools needed, or even what needs to be replaced. this is not rocket science, but at least you should know what you do. And it is good to spend the money in a scuba shop, otherwise one day there will be no store to fill your tank because they dont make any money!

You don't wanna do that! a little mistake and you pay more than the service at the store! And there are many thing i did not know before i became a technician! i am shure you dont have a ultra sound or the special tools needed, or even what needs to be replaced. this is not rocket science, but at least you should know what you do. And it is good to spend the money in a scuba shop, otherwise one day there will be no store to fill your tank because they dont make any money!

:rofl3:

Dude......

I got an ultrasound
I got it at an auction at a mental hospital.
Great to see if the people you are involved with have a heart.

Frogkick DOES work.

NOTE - DO NOT under any circumstances put the piston in the ultrasound and/or any other cleaning solution immersion. You WILL ABSOLUTELY RUIN THE DRY BLEED PISTON, the small metal plug that allows the air to bleed through in the piston head.
Once you've done that the only solution is a new piston. The dry bleed is both the strength and weakness of this system. If you find the chamber full of saltwater and crystals, it's already too late.
There is no way to clean it once it's plugged. I have a whole thread on it and tried a bunch of different methods from conservative to pretty toxic.

Read the manual on this BEFORE starting.
Other than that, it's a very simple reg to overhaul.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom