Repair manual for Sherwood Brut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here it is as explained to me by a Honduran fisherman.

Open first stage with large spanner or pipe wrench.

Remove HP seat with fishook

Turn over HP seat unless this has been done before. Wack the piston against the side of the boat to force the seat into the piston.

If the seat has already been turned, find a used plastic oil can or something similar, use the piston as a hole punch to punch out small bits of plastic, repeat as neseccary until the plastic fills the hole.

spit on the piston to remove excess motor oil.

reassemble and put back into rental service.

Hope that helps, before you use this method, I would check the warranty on you reg to see if this invalidates it.

cancun mark:
Here it is as explained to me by a Honduran fisherman.

Open first stage with large spanner or pipe wrench.

Remove HP seat with fishook

Turn over HP seat unless this has been done before. Wack the piston against the side of the boat to force the seat into the piston.

If the seat has already been turned, find a used plastic oil can or something similar, use the piston as a hole punch to punch out small bits of plastic, repeat as neseccary until the plastic fills the hole.

spit on the piston to remove excess motor oil.

reassemble and put back into rental service.

Hope that helps, before you use this method, I would check the warranty on you reg to see if this invalidates it.
Snort new keyboard please :D

Scuba Tech:
If you need a manual for a Brut, take up golf!

P.S. Red 5 gal gas can best for HP seat!!!

gee, it's a bit rough, but quite right... you may want to at least get the proper books and tools - lots of threads on this !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom