renting tent trailers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone...

Were looking at trying to rent a tent trailer for late July/ early August... Any ideas on the best place to go?? Thought that I would try ya'll before I went anywhere else...

Thanks!
K

Hi Kayla. We're neighbors. My wife and I live in Anacortes. I've perused the Bellingham and Skagit County and Whidbey Phone books but nothing specific. Have you tried talking to the folks at the Burlington "Camping World" store? They might be of help. (I'd ask management.)

As you've no doubt seen, there are tons of rental trailer/RV places listed but it looks like you'd have to do a lot of dialing to find tent trailers. That's why I thought Camping World or (see below) might help you "cut to the chase" in your search.

I deal with Valley RV in Mt. Vernon (just N. of Scott's Books along the river) and they're usually helpful. Hope that helps if no one else knows of anything. Camping World may not be in the phone book yet but information would have the number.
They're located off of the Chuckanut Exit on the east side service road.

If you can't find tent trailers, maybe consider a 13' "Scamp" or "Casitas" little fiberglass "egg" type trailers. Same towing weight as some tent trailers and much drier in our lovely rainy weather.

I'll ask around when I'm in town in the next day or so.

How awesome are you? Thanks for answering! I never even thought about Camping World, but I'm going to give them a try. How are things in Anacortes? I was just there today dropping off some tanks!!!

Thanks again!
K

Hmmm...wonder if we've already dove together at a club dive or on a boat dive...? I'm pretty new on my reincarnation as a diver. I dove in the '70s a little and then revived my interest last Sept. I'm 54 with a pony tail and a wall-eyed left eye if that helps any. I've got 29 dives in and I'm up for weekday dives after I recuperate (see below).

I pulled something in my shoulder and arm so I'm stuck on the beach for a bit to heal up :-( Been diggin' the sunny weather, just got back from the shop myself!)

Do you deal with Whidbey Dive Center ever? Sometimes I spread the love between Bob and Kelley and Pat at Whidbey when only a scubapro something or other will do.

Let me know if camping world is helpful or Valley RV. If not, I'll see what I can find out. Just need something for summer or right now?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom