Renting doubles and steel singles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'll be in central NJ in August and need to rent a set of doubles for me, 85s or 95s, with din valves and a couple of steel singles for my sister, 95s or 104s, din or yoke will work. I've already spoken with a couple of shops with no luck. They either don't rent them or only rent to students doing classes with them. Before calling anyone else, I figured I'd ask here and save my minutes. Any suggestions?

Have you tried stingray divers in Brooklyn? (Stingraydivers.com) Or how about Village Divers in Manhattan? (www.villagedivers.com I think) Two of the more tech shops in NYC.

Nice Ginnie Springs photo!

I haven't. I've been looking in Jersey. Trying to avoid a trip into the city right now, but I might try them if nothing else pans out.

Thanks, that's a photo of the sign in Devil's Eye.

Did you try Hunterdon Scuba?

Where exactly in "central NJ" are you going to be? When? PM me.

Heck, if you're gonna be local and I'm not diving when you're here you can borrow my steel HP 119's if you want.

That way you'd owe me, so if I'm every out your way I'll know I have a few free tanks coming my way!

:)

Dive-aholic:
I'll be in central NJ in August and need to rent a set of doubles for me, 85s or 95s, with din valves and a couple of steel singles for my sister, 95s or 104s, din or yoke will work. I've already spoken with a couple of shops with no luck. They either don't rent them or only rent to students doing classes with them. Before calling anyone else, I figured I'd ask here and save my minutes. Any suggestions?
I'd lend you mine but they might be too heavy for you.
Seriously, ive never heard of a shop that rents them. Good luck

Dudas' Diving Duds in West Chester PA does rent steel singles, 95's and there are a few with h-valves. They also have steel doubles, everything with DIN valves and the doubles have the isolation manifold.

I know it is a bit out of the way, but call them if you are in a jam at 610-436-0176.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom