Rental trucks at Buddy's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The deal is just like any other car rental in that coverage is optional. In my opinion, you should plan on the full coverage package. I have had my rental trucks smashed twice in the parking lot there and was happy to have the added coverage and peace of mind.

When I was there last, I paid for the insurance because I was unsure if American Express would cover if I used it for the rental... Something I will check on before I go next month myself...!

If I remember correctly, insurance through buddy (or who ever they use) was @ 20.00 a day... Since there were two couples using the truck we split the expense and allowed only one authorized driver from each couple...

If you have paid for the trip with American Express, look into their (AmEx) Premium Car Rental Protection coverage. For a fee of $24.99 it acts as primary coverage - you do not have to go through your stateside insurance company. I believe the $24.99 allows coverage for up to a 30 day rental period. If you have the car rental as part of a package plan like Buddy's Dive and Drive, you show AmEx where the package was billed and paid through them.

Here's the price listed on the rental form
CDW ($10.50 Per day)
Full Insurance ($18.90 Per day)
At least that was the price when I went in October 2010

Was researching Bonaire packages earlier today. Insurance in included at the Plaza Resort Bonaire, but not at the others I looked into. I know my credit cards cover rental insurance domestically, but I too an going to check on what happens internationally.

Was researching Bonaire packages earlier today. Insurance in included at the Plaza Resort Bonaire, but not at the others I looked into. I know my credit cards cover rental insurance domestically, but I too an going to check on what happens internationally.

Make sure you inquire about TRUCK insurance internationally, assuming that is what you'll be renting. Many cover cars, but not Trucks, to include Pick-Up trucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom