Rental Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I inhaled someone else's hunk of phlegm during one of my certification dives right after high school. I coughed it back out into the second stage, gagged, and finished the dive.

i cant get this image out of my mind now... i will be off shopping for a reg 1&2 stage this weekend. i wont mind using the schools guage or octopus.

would it be quicker at the start of the lesson to screw on my 1st stage on the school tank and screw the schools guage and octopus into it, or use the schools 1st stage with octopus and guage , and screw my reg into that?

thx

Disassemble your reg as little as possible. You increase your risk of damaging an o-ring, cross threading, or getting debris into your hose. If you're buying the 1st and 2nd stage you might as well spring for the octo and gauge. You can get a used gauge for under 60 on ebay or the board, and any second stage can serve the function as your octo. No need for a special yellow pancake. If you must swap them around, put the gauge and redundant secondary on your 1st stage before your put the 1st stage on the tank. Your 1st stage and 2nd stage are tuned together, you want to keep them matched together for best breathing performance.

Just take along a bottle of H2O2 with you and rinse before using then rinse with some bottled water.

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom