Rental Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive paradise/hotel coz
contacted tres pelicanos-they are affiliated with hotel barracuda
I'm not sure what you heard, but Tres Pelicanos is an independent dive op not attached to any hotel. They may have arrangements with the Barracuda to book rooms with them, but they are not resident there.

DISCLAIMER: The above is factual unless their circumstances have changed since May.

<dive@trespelicanos.com> wrote:

Thanks for your email – we would love to help you complete your Open Water Certification.

The only hotel we work with that is on the ocean – would BARRACUDA Hotel

Then Villa Blanca – which is across the street from the ocean.

Both have ocean access – and places near to rent gear if necessary – for snorkeling or diving.

No matter who ends up supplying your rental gear, it's prudent to do basic soundness/functionality/visual checks on your gear before the dives, just sayin'.

I agree scubafanatic...just wanting to avoid any issues if at all possible...from the posts it appears I have nothing to worry about:D

Blue XT Sea has brand new rental gear. Sherwood, Oceanic and Cressi.

You can stay at Hotel Cozumel (that's my regular hotel) & Tres Pelicanos can pick you up but they can get you picked up or transported in several ways from just about any of the hotels / resorts. Dive Paradise is right there & convenient & a pretty good op too but their small fast boats don't have any shade. You wouldn't likely be using them for you're check out dives so it's a non issue. You'd probably do those right at the Hotel.

Picasa Web Albums - Larry - Shore dive at...

Picasa Web Albums - Larry - Hotel Cozumel...

And although a bit old this is what it's like on the waterfront side of Hotel Barracuda.

Picasa Web Albums - Larry - Hotel Barracu...

I see Christi just got in & she also runs a top notch operation.

Although it's not the answer to the specific question asked I agree with Jayfarmlaw's message. In roughly 700 tanks of diving in Cozumel I think I've seen only 2 or 3 rental equipment problems & they were remedied quickly on the boat before the dives & none were major.

I have observed a TON of personal, freshly serviced, expensive gear that people brought with them that needed fixed on the first dive.

<dive@trespelicanos.com> wrote:

Thanks for your email – we would love to help you complete your Open Water Certification.

The only hotel we work with that is on the ocean – would BARRACUDA Hotel

Then Villa Blanca – which is across the street from the ocean.

Both have ocean access – and places near to rent gear if necessary – for snorkeling or diving.
Yes - as ggunn said above - this means they have a booking arrangement with them to offer their dives preferential pricing at the hotel as a package with them - most shops have hotels they work with for booking rooms - it does not mean they are the onsite dive shop.

However, you can stay anywhere and dive with any shop you choose whether they are onsite or not - with only a few exceptions.

I have observed a TON of personal, freshly serviced, expensive gear that people brought with them that needed fixed on the first dive.

The infamous statement often heard on a dive boat '...but I just had it serviced $#×=%÷'.
Regularly used but maintain rental gear is usually very reliable. Personnel fit on wetsuits can be an issue though.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom