Removing stains from wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perrier

Reaction score
Hi!

I laid my wetsuit on a deck chair to drip dry, & when I removed it I discovered stains on the parts of the suit that were touching wood--which of course is on the part that's yellow so it shows up real nice. I rinsed it as usual, using wetsuit shampoo, & I scrubbed the stains w/that shampoo, but nothing. Any ideas on what I can use to remove the stains? I'm nervous to just go around the house & try everything. Help, please!

Why must the stain be removed? I wouldn't use anything but soap and water. The functionality of the wetsuit is more important than the cosmetic looks.

I know that nothing I use to intentionally mark dive gear including neoprene items ever lasts. I think time is your friend on this one. Start diving a lot more!

Pete

Does the stain impact your diving in anyway. Look at it as a new way for your buddies to identify you.

stare at the stains, like you're looking up at the clouds. See any pictures in the stains? Now, go get a sharpie or paint pen, and enhance them...

The stains aren't in any 'embarrasing' areas on the wetsuit considering they are yellow, are they? Some people may think you have an active....

Deckchair??? Yea right. Come on now....admit you failed at the Warhammer Maneuver!!!

Consider Monica Lewinsky and her blue dress.

ok neoprene is fabric attached to an elastic fabric. Don't use anything that might disolve the glues. Rubbing alcohol is good but don't over do it and don't scrub with it.

Yeah, you just need a handful more dives in that suit. Come join us at Mermet Springs this weekend for 3-4 days of holiday diving, that'll fix ya up. A suit that's too pretty just makes you look like a rookie anyway. :wink:

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom