Removing old seam tape and seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, I will try my first neck seal replace and I have a question - what the name of the strip that are gluing over the seal on the picture attached ???
When (and where) do you use melco tape on the replace ??
Is PB 300 the glue for latex seal on cordura material ???

thanks for any information

Attachments

• sealk.jpg
    sealk.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 107
You could use rubber from McMaster Carr 9028K225 on the wrist seals. Cut strips to the length and width you want.

Maybe other people have a better idea.

PB300 is good stuff and should work just fine for what you're doing I would think.

Hi Bob3 I saw in your site that you´re selling "Reinforcing strips", Is this strips are the same as is in the picture ??? . Do you have the strip shown in the attached picture to sell ??
thanks jose

Hi Randy thanks by the information. Is there other alternative of strips that you guys use when you replace the seal ???

Hi Randy thanks by the information. Is there other alternative of strips that you guys use when you replace the seal ???

Last time the wrist seals were replaced there wasn't any tape or rubber on the outside of the suit. The inside was sealed with Aquaseal.

This time I'm going to make it look a little snazzier by using the rubber I mentioned in the previous post to cover the area where the wrist seal meets the suit as shown in the picture shown in this thread.

I don't know where to buy the strips shown in the picture, only know to cut them from a sheet of rubber.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom