Removing Hog Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my in-water doff method:

1. turn watch, computer, compass,... to face down or away so they don't interfere with the shoulder straps (works well with bungee straps on gauges)
2. unbuckle the waist strap
3. remove the bungee necklace, but keep mask on and longhose primary in mouth
4. now grab the tank valve overhead with one or both hands and pull it off over your head.
5. add gas to wing if necessary

note: this only takes me 30 seconds because on the final ascent i already turn the gauges down and undo the waist strap... also i don't fill the wing until the rig is off, this makes it easier to handle. when i pull the rig off over my head i sink under it but that's fine since I still have the mask on and primary in mouth. if the DS valve or something else gets stuck on the straps then take your time to sort it out.

Ben_ca:
but with the bungie off first :)

And the drysuit inflator hose will need to be disconnected.:wink:

Ben_ca:
but with the bungie off first :)

Well, I did remember to put this:
" remove the backup reg (if you have it around your neck)" .. were you meaning a different bungie?

Jasonmh:
Well, I did remember to put this:
" remove the backup reg (if you have it around your neck)" .. were you meaning a different bungie?

Look at the video. The guy doesn't remove his backup reg from his neck.

Tamas:
This works for single tanks but for doubles it might be just a "tad" harder.

It is not too bad. I partially inflate the wing so that the rig floats, and I don't try to lift it out of the water. I just submerge and "pull" it over my head (but really it is just sliding along the surface).

For Doubles I have done the "over the head" technique but like Jason said it's more me ducking underneath the rig than flipping it over my head.

Important though is to keep the long hose reg in just in case you get hung up in the middle of the manouver :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom