Removing fuzz from drysuit zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brewmasher

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was instructed to burn it off with a lighter, but last time,I noticed that the teeth would get hot. I am afraid that it might loosen them (the teeth).

Any other way of removing this stuff?

The lighter is the proper way. You should just have to wave it back and forth a few times across the fuzz for the fuzz to melt. The zipper shouldn't get hot or even very warm for that matter.

You could always trim it back with a pair of scissors, but it won't seal the way it will if you use a flame and it usually comes right back.

Agree. The flame doesn't need to be there long enough for the zipper to heat up.

What an amazing resource. Just this week I was putting my drysuit away and after 36 dives I noticed a few fuzzy strands inside the zipper. Lo and behold I peek in here and the question is being answered by veteran drysuit divers.

Thanks,
Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom