Removing dump valve retaining balls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All you have to do is make a circle with your hand around the exhaust valve and close. You'll find the string every time.

:rofl3: I really need to stop drinking beverages while reading this thread!

What happened to the original title of this thread ??

I don't know. It wasn't me. I feel well.... kinda castrated...emasculated....????

My wife will not let me cut my balls off ------ of my dump valve -----

Okay, so today was the first day of this weekend's checkout trip (they have OW, Rescue, and NAUI Master Diver students, plus three soon-to-be instructors finishing their "final exam" -- I hovered around watching what the instructors-playing-students threw at them, which was a hoot). I'm just diving for fun this trip -- the shop owner actually asked me *not* to help them at all (the better to give the instructor candidates the most thorough practical evaluation :biggrin:).

Anyway, I tried the "grab the whole exhaust valve and then just pinch your fingers closed" method of finding the pull string. All I can say is, "WOW!" It really *is* that easy. I can't even rightly say I "found" the string every single time, as that'd be like saying I "found" my fingers. It's just there by definition -- no searching required.

(You know, once you know how to do it, you can understand how the accouterments are not necessary after all. You have to search for a pull fob on BCs that route the pull string from the exhaust valve through various redirections, but for a simple exhaust valve where the pull string just sticks out from the center of the valve, searching is irrelevant to me... now. :biggrin:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom