Removing dump valve retaining balls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I switched from a Scubapro Classic Plus to a DSS wing and I kind of miss the ball on the rear dump. I was thinking about canibalizing the Scubapro for it. It's hard for me to see how he entangled it.

I'd recommend against adding a ball. Your opv is quite close to your left hip dring, and the string and the dring can make friends.

If you do add a ball keep the string short.

I find a longer string with a few knots easier to find and use vs a short string and a ball / knob / toggle

I find a longer string with a few knots easier to find and use vs a short string and a ball / knob / toggle

on my Halycon Pioneer, I removed the thin string that it came with and replaced it with a much thicker string (that also makes the knot bigger) which made it easier to use with drygloves.

on my Halycon Pioneer, I removed the thin string that it came with and replaced it with a much thicker string (that also makes the knot bigger) which made it easier to use with drygloves.

Same here ... the ol Swedish Dump-valve Mod

Step 6 is the most important.

6. Use a permanent marker to color the string black. :wink:

Same here ... the ol Swedish Dump-valve Mod

Step 6 is the most important.

6. Use a permanent marker to color the string black. :wink:

LOL...I guess I'm only partially DIR. My string is white, but my balls are cut off.

All you have to do is make a circle with your hand around the exhaust valve and close. You'll find the string every time.

LOL...I guess I'm only partially DIR. My string is white, but my balls are cut off.

You're such a rebel, Jeff :D

Heavier cord helps. We use #48 in lieu of the ~#24 typically found on OPV's

We dye ours black to start with. Nylon, being hygroscopic, is pretty easy to dye with water soluble fabric dyes.

Couple times a year I scare my wife with a 3 gallon pot of simmering black dye on the stove.

Tobin

You're such a rebel, Jeff :D

at least the good woman is safe from getting pregnant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom