Removed Hose Protector from First Stage. Very worried please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't worry about the hose protector they don't really do much except trap salt and dirt and wear things out faster. If you are worried about the hose take it to your local tech and they can look at it. Next question what kind of diving are you doing that requires a stage bottle? Are you using it for deco, or a penetration dive. Just looking to clear that part up. Questions are stupid, folks are just wanting to make sure you are pointed in the right direction and haven't gotten down a dangerous path.

Otherwise known as a pony.

Are you solo diving or with a buddy. Nothing wrong with a back up I often prefer my doubles to a single tank but I go on rather long dives.

I dive with a Buddy.

It is a pony. I carry it mounted like a Stage Bottle. It is not used as a Stage Bottle. I only will use it if there is an emergency.

I have gotten use to diving with it and in the water I don't notice it.

I have thought about going to doubles.

I currently just have a single tank though.

Unless you start doing deco or penetration diving I wouldn't worry about doubles. A tech should be able to help you with your first stage and if your using it as a pony bottle in recreational diving a 40 is plenty. If the hose is damaged no worries just replace it and you will be good.

Like I said I would not worry about doubles unless you are doing divnig that requires them. Unless you are staying very shallow you will hit your no deco limit piror to getting any use out of doubles. They also add cost and logistics that are only need if you are doing technical diving. I use them, but I also go into deco on most of my dives. I would get some dives under your belt, you pony is more than enough. If you get to the point that you want to move to the tech relm of diving then thats a whole separate can of worms. Keep it simple and you will be better off.

If I change to doubles I think I will have to but a doubles wing. Two tanks and bands

Ahem, yes you would need two tanks. That is what doubles refers to. Maybe you want to consider taking some more training ...

Back
Top Bottom