Remove locking nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjpell

Contributor
Reaction score
Grand Rapids, Michigan / Portland, Oregon / Ft. La
# of dives
100 - 199
Any suggestions on how to hold the piston from spinning while removing the locking nut from the piston on a Diverite 1215 second stage octo? I tried the pencil, it spins. Putting pressure on it to engage the spring and not allowing the piston to spin has proven difficult. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220511-094727_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220511-094727_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 51
Any suggestions on how to hold the piston from spinning while removing the locking nut from the piston on a Diverite 1215 second stage octo? I tried the pencil, it spins. Putting pressure on it to engage the spring and not allowing the piston to spin has proven difficult. Any advice would be appreciated.
If you don't have the right tool
1652374120712.png

you can help yourself by blocking the movement of the poppet with a small blade screw driver which you press carefully into the space in the 'tube' which develops when you press the poppet a bit down against the spring force.
You have to hold the screwdriver and 2nd stage body 'tube' with one hand and unscrew the nyloc nut with the other.
It's pretty easy, good luck!

If you don't have the right tool
View attachment 722208
you can help yourself by blocking the movement of the poppet with a small blade screw driver which you press carefully into the space in the 'tube' which develops when you press the poppet a bit down against the spring force.
You have to hold the screwdriver and 2nd stage body 'tube' with one hand and unscrew the nyloc nut with the other.
It's pretty easy, good luck!
Thank you. Where do I get that tool? What's it called? I appreciate your response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom