Remove Lithium Batteries for Storage- Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So just got a Perdix (have a Teric already) is there a recommended battery manufacturer/type? I normally use amazon AA for everything but willing to buy the best of the best for the Perdix.

I just went back to my logs and saw that I have been using enelopes rechargeables since my petrel 1, prior to 2013 (got the petrel 2 in 13) and in the Perdix and Perdix AI since. The rechargeables work great. Next week when I go to Key Largo I'll take along some the Amazon rechargeables to see how they work.

unrelated question for 1.5v photo lithiums:

does the "fuel gauge" feature work with them? i see it listed for some of the others but not this particular battery

does the "fuel gauge" feature work with them? i see it listed for some of the others but not this particular battery
I haven’t used them in a Perdix, but have used them in other applications. Based on those experiences, I would guess no, as the battery meter in cameras, etc. would read full for a very long time, then rapidly drop to empty. IIRC, these give off a full 1.5V steady until nearly empty, a typical alkaline battery will drop voltage steadily as they are used.

Even so, I’d use them before alkaline as they won’t leak.

For AA's I've switched exclusively to eneloops. Not just in my computers but in the battery grips for two DSLR's, 5 flashes (two 530 EXII's, a 430 EXII, 430 EX, and 340EX, my Ikelite DS Strobes, and a Yonguno camera strobe. So all told I have about 3 dozen eneloops. Expensive at first but they work like a dream in all the devices.
For my Perdixes and Predator I only use the genuine SAFT batteries as a rule. The eneloops are back ups.
Genuine SAFT's come from France and have a date code on them.
If they don't they are counterfeits or clones from China or Great Britain and may leak as well as do not last.

For AA's I've switched exclusively to eneloops. Not just in my computers but in the battery grips for two DSLR's, 5 flashes (two 530 EXII's, a 430 EXII, 430 EX, and 340EX, my Ikelite DS Strobes, and a Yonguno camera strobe. So all told I have about 3 dozen eneloops. Expensive at first but they work like a dream in all the devices.
For my Perdixes and Predator I only use the genuine SAFT batteries as a rule. The eneloops are back ups.
Genuine SAFT's come from France and have a date code on them.
If they don't they are counterfeits or clones from China or Great Britain and may leak as well as do not last.

Where do you buy your SAFT batteries from? Seeing really mixed results on Amazon.

Where do you buy your SAFT batteries from? Seeing really mixed results on Amazon.
I get mine locally at a batteries plus store if I need them quick so I can actually see them before I get them. However, that's expensive. I also use Battery Junction and have been buying products from them for nearly 10 years. never had an issue other than 1 item being back-ordered. However, they kept in contact and got it to me as soon as it came in at no extra charge for shipping.
Batteries, Chargers, LED Flashlights, and More!

Good question that I was asking my self as well. On the Shearwater link, there are 6 types of battery suggested:
- for the Alkaline and Li-on, it's clearly written: "your Perdix provides a useful “Fuel Gauge” display for these batteries"
- for the Saft and NiMH it's clearly written: "they are incompatible with the new “Fuel Gauge” feature "
- for the Lithium and Zinc-Carbon, nothing is written :)

Anyone to confirm these data ?!

Question for Perdix users. Since you can’t buy directly from the factory. Where is a good source for replacement O-rings? I see on eBay and amazon replacement battery kits but those come with “black” not blue O-rings.

Are the black O-rings ok?

I am a little bit of a purist in that the manufacturer uses blue O-rings so I want to stay with them.

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom