Remington Enters the AR-15 Market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 444 Marlin I picked up a few years ago has rapidly become a favorite of mine. I call this one Thumper:

stu444.jpg
A buddy of mine bought one of those shortly after they came out, 1971-2 I believe. Kicked like a rabid mule, but there was something compelling about those big cartridges: .44 Magnum on steroids!

You can get an AR-15 carbine clone from Alexander Arms in .50 Beowulf. It offers .444 marlin/.45-70 ballistics in an AR using what amounts to a straight wall cartridge in a single column AR-15 magazine.

You DO NOT want to put your nose to the charging handle when shooting one as the recoil is pretty stout.

The porting on this one tames it. Recoil isn't bad & the muzzle stays down so you can see the hit. Hearing protection is mandatory.

The porting on this one tames it. Recoil isn't bad & the muzzle stays down so you can see the hit. Hearing protection is mandatory.

Many here will just have their masturbatory fantasy about what weapon they think they would use.

It seems very doubtful that any would have any real experience other than their fantasy time.

I own A DPMS 223 nice little gun shoots great and they have very good customer service

Many here will just have their masturbatory fantasy about what weapon they think they would use.

It seems very doubtful that any would have any real experience other than their fantasy time.
Considering my age and Wayward Son's apparent age, and what we might have been doing 40 years ago, just who are you addressing with this comment?:shakehead:

How would you like to have a wall like this:

ARwall.jpg

And you should see the other three walls in the room, which is protected by a bank vault door. The wall opposite the ARs was the AK wall and another the pistol wall.

And here's a photo of my favorite rifle, a Springfield Armory M1A. I love that thing.

M1Asmall.jpg

I'm definitely buying something of the .223/5.56 variety soon, the rounds are so much cheaper.

Holy Crap!! Now that is a collection worth having!

1911's always had a bad rap. They were originally designed for very close combat, so accuracy wasn't required. Shot once, and wherever you hit them would cause serious damage. The Beretta's in the beginning were just garbage. Always had jamming problems, for the same reason the m16 did. Their tolerances were just too tight. 1911's and M1/M14 could be buried in the sand for a month and still come up shooting. Same as the Glock.

I have an H&K USP .45 and can hammer nails with it. Everyone that has shot it can't believe the accuracy and reduced recoil. Some else mentioned it, it uses the gas to accelerate the ejecter, similar to the mechanism on the M-60 machine gun. Thus reducing the recoil.

DA, quit a competitive background. I was going to try out for the post team, but they were only recruiting combat competition. (running, jumping shooting in full gear)

Considering my age and Wayward Son's apparent age, and what we might have been doing 40 years ago, just who are you addressing with comment?:shakehead:

40 years ago I was in Que-Son province in Viet Nam. I was carrying the M-14 since I knew that the M-16, at least at that time, was a Mattel toy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom