Remake of the movie: "The Deep"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lock_washer

Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I would pass this on. This summer a remake of the movie: "The Deep" is coming out. Its called: "Into the the blue". How much do you want to bet they are going to ruin this movie. I wonder how they are going to work in the hip hop music on this one...

lock_washer

Is that the one with Jessica Alba?

Wet t-shirt contests started because of the Deep. Can they top that?

Just saw the trailer. Looks like a crappy movie with perfect bodies and a little diving.

I'll watch it.

Al Mialkovsky:
Wet t-shirt contests started because of the Deep. Can they top that?
Al Mialkovsky:
Just saw the trailer. Looks like a crappy movie with perfect bodies and a little diving.

I'll watch it.
Yes...Jacquelin Bissett is a very striking woman and had an impressive set of...gear...in that movie. So I think the perfect bodies thing is sor tof a tradition. Of course, to uphold the tradition, it needs to be good bodies with lots of diving.

It would be hard - very hard indeed to recapture the ambiance of Jackie climbing that ladder.

Tom Smedley:
It would be hard - very hard indeed to recapture the ambiance of Jackie climbing that ladder.
If Jessica Alba is in this new version, you don't want to be out in the lobby buying popcorn when she climbs the ladder.

I've only read the book, but it was so good I went back a couple times to reread it. I was considering renting the movie, but you know how movies butcher books. How would you guys rate the movie? Is it a pretty decent flick on its own accord?

It doesn't come out until this summer.

Well...the orignal movie "the deep" was great. Plus having Al Giddings do all the underwater photography didn't hurt either. The story line did transfer well from the book to the movie. "The Abyss" was a great movie too. But you need to rent it with the extra footage. The 28 minutes they put back in makes it a better movie. When they released it orignally in the theathers. Every one hated the way it ended. That was because the studios wanted it down to 2 hours, so it can be shown more in the theathers.

Back
Top Bottom