Relocating..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HardhatDivr

Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I would post here as Im new to the board.

Im in the process of relocating to Del Rio Tx to help a friend run his business. Matter of fact the business I will be working at is right next door to Amistad Marine, and from what Ive read the only dive operation in the area.

Not sure if anyone dives AMistad much, but having visited recently to look over my new scope of work, and after getting a tour of the lake area, Im very interested in diving the area.

Ive worked as a Commercial Diver in the GoM since 1995, after leaving the military, and only recently left the Oilfield to become an EMT, my past SCUBA Certs include SSI (Basic AOW) PADI (ADV AOW thru Res) and IANTD (NITROX) I also have a moderate amount of search and recovery experience within 0 viz and hazardous environments.

If anyone here frequents the Del Rio area, or lives close, Id love to hear about it and if possible get together for some bottom time.

I tried to get into touch with the guy that runs the dive op out of Amistad Marine last time I was there and missed him, cant locate an email from the board here either, will try again when I get settled.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

We use to dive in the lake there often when it was full. The drought and Mexican irrigation made it too difficult without a boat. Last time we dove there was in 1994. We had been talking about going again but decided since we did not have access to a boat we would try and get a group together to go and maybe rent a boat.

Come on up to Lake Travis lots of divers there.

BTW my husband worked with Exxon in the oilfield for 13 years he left there in 1996.

HardhatDivr:
Hey guys, figured I would post here as Im new to the board.

Im in the process of relocating to Del Rio Tx to help a friend run his business. Matter of fact the business I will be working at is right next door to Amistad Marine, and from what Ive read the only dive operation in the area.

Not sure if anyone dives AMistad much, but having visited recently to look over my new scope of work, and after getting a tour of the lake area, Im very interested in diving the area.

Ive worked as a Commercial Diver in the GoM since 1995, after leaving the military, and only recently left the Oilfield to become an EMT, my past SCUBA Certs include SSI (Basic AOW) PADI (ADV AOW thru Res) and IANTD (NITROX) I also have a moderate amount of search and recovery experience within 0 viz and hazardous environments.

If anyone here frequents the Del Rio area, or lives close, Id love to hear about it and if possible get together for some bottom time.

I tried to get into touch with the guy that runs the dive op out of Amistad Marine last time I was there and missed him, cant locate an email from the board here either, will try again when I get settled.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Amistad is a long trip from where I am but if it is worth the venture I will come. I have a friend with a boat who might join up if he is not too busy. On a different note, we are looking for someone with GoM experience to go out and show us around some rigs or relatively safe wrecks if you make it out this far. Welcome to SB.

Toe

Toe.........Id be happy to advise you guys in any shape I can as to the best rig divig in the GoM. Some of the rigs are excellent and some are downright treacherous. Im not sure what the overall "scene" is like in Amistad as Ive heard conflictng reports mostly from non divers.......SO I will have to see for myself....

Take care, and thanks for the welcome...

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom