Relief valve on drysuits, do you or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the males that I dive with use one. Those that we dive with but do not use a pee-valve we call "females".

Without a doubt .... YES !

Don't use one. Out of my 46 drysuit dives to date, I only remember the need to pee being a problem on exactly 2 dives. On those 2 dives it wasn't unmanageable, just a bit uncomfortable. For a recreational diver within NDLs, I just don't see the need. The majority of the guys I dive with don't have one either.

I have not gone for it yet and while it sounds neat I'm not really motivated to deal with it.

I have only gotten out of 1 single dive in mild discomfort. If it's a pair of dives I usually need to open up and go on the SI but not always and I'm in cold water. Some recent dives were in the 90 minutes of BT range though those were not cold only 54F or so.

Diving dry is a very different physiological experience than wet so it's not a foregone conclusion that you need the pee valve.

I make it a point to hydrate an hour or so in advance so excess can pass.

Pete

Dont have one and have found that by pacing predive hydration, rarely have the urge to go badly. One of my dive buddies swears by senior diapers- friggin disgusting IMHO. :eek_2:

I don't have one on mine. Diving dry is different and I just don't have the same urge as diving wet.

My new suit has one. Tested it out today & pissed all over myself. Gonna have to experiment a little:D

Will be awesome once I get it figured out. Those marathon (1hr+) dives were a killer.

Guys, (of course)
I was considering a relief(pee) valve on my first drysuit. I was curious, how many users out there use one and how many not and what other options do you use?
THANKS!

I dove dry for a couple of years before I got one, but would never go back again.

Also, being a middle-aged desk-jockey, I like to give myself every opportunity to avoid DCS, including being very well hydrated.

The only down-side is that it's very unpleasant if you forget to hook up the plumbing, and it takes a little while to figure out how to tune the hose length, type and routing to get it to be reliable and non-kinking.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom